Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wanted: Elves from Santa's Villages


Much to my love, i have seen that the great MC has crossed the ocean to inspire the young minds of Finnish artists. I have no idea what this box is for, perhaps as a billboard or an electrical box, but i love the message behind it. if you think about it, it truly is time to 'stop! Hammer time!' With this in mind, I will humm the 'ooo-ooo-oh-oh' and sway my legs. Do as the message says and just let loose.

On to more exciting things, I have been to the artic circle. and as much as i would love to call myself a BAMF, i cant help but say that it was simply a tourist attraction and i was wearing my Sperrys and a shirt with roses on it. When i was 10 years old, I thought that if i would ever go to the artic circle, i would be adorned in wool and boots. As a presenter of environmental sustainability, i believe it is my right to say that my childhood fantasy has been ruined by global warming (or i dont know what im talking about because it is the middle of june).
Rovaniemi is considered the hometown of Santa Claus. It is pushed into my face every day when I exit my hotel (Hotel Santa Claus) complete with 2 elevators respectively called Snowball and Red Nose. Anyways, the main point of this blog is to tell each and every reader that there are no Elves in santas village. i asked a few workers if there were elves there, and i was being very serious because if there is santa there must be elves. if i can pay 3 euros for a stack of envelopes that children from all over the world send to santa, then why the hell cant they find people to make appearances with little curled up shoes and pointed ears. after i pondered this thought a lil further, i thought, "well, maybe their interpretation of elves are that they are tiny people and not dwarfs" So, i continued to look up in the trees and in small corners of the village to see if perhaps there are some small elves who are taking a holiday.

Fierce & Reindeer,
Sara Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment